View Single Post
Old 02-27-2004, 12:42 PM   #8
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Illumina Drathiran'ar:
What *IS* this male fixation on barbecue?! I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I don't understand it. I can understand even less the mentality it puts several people, like my father, in. All he would do is make a huuuuuge production out of it... and perhaps it is difficult. I would imagine it would take a huge amount of skill to char something on the outside while leaving it pink and raw on the inside. And he leaves all the tools lying about for me to clean up, all the while prancing about in a manner not unlike my cat when he (my cat) (also sometimes my father) drags in a dead bird as a gift for me, expecting to be praised. (Of course I do praise him.) (My cat) (But that's besides the point).
Or is it all the Fire and the Pointy-Shinies and the Tools and Implements and this big manly grill? I'm sorry, I just don't get it.
Am I right on this? Someone help me out...
[img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] I know, Illumina, it really is a testosterone driven thing, methinks! I like to barbecue in the summer but my fiance will get all 'male' and grunt things like 'fire good!' at me while planning his next culinary feat at the barbecue!

[ 02-27-2004, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]