View Single Post
Old 11-26-2003, 10:35 AM   #28
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by mistral4543:
Argh... why do things get so exciting towards the end of the working day??

I have just been asked to be on standby for a live talkshow to represent my company's policies

Does anyone have any advice to offer?? (I am worried about fumbling on national TV...)
Advice? You betcha! Is it going to be a friendly format, or an antagonistic one? IOW, is it a local news show on your side, or is it 20/20 looking to make you out as a bunch of ghouls?

In either case, the rules are largely the same: respond to the questions asked (and no more than the questions asked!), and if you don't know an answer, say so; don't make up an answer on the spot, or you may have to live with something you'll regret.

You may be pressed to give your personal opinion on something (what would you do if your friends were diagnosed with this?). If that happens, remember that your personal opinion doesn't exist; they will consider it to be the company opinion.

Avoid ironic or sarcastic humor; you'd be amazed at what clever editing can turn them in to.

Assume the camera is on at all times. Don't fall into the "just between you and me" trap.

And above all, have fun!
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.