View Single Post
Old 01-01-2004, 07:19 AM   #3
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

iTunes music will basically only play on your iPod, and that's only if you update your iPods software (a process which deletes all the current stuff on your iPod including your callander and games)

What I do is, because iTunes lets you burn the music you download to CD, is I burn the iTune's song files to CD, then I take the CD to my old Mac which has the ORIGINAL iTunes version 1.0 on it. The original iTunes lets you take music CDs and label the tracks/artists/information and then Convert every track into a real MP3. Of course iTunes doesnt do the mp3 thing any more, because they want people to only buy iPods, which, I should point out, only have an 18 month life-span before you have to get another one, which is cheaper than getting its Lithium battery replaced. Apple is really good and being able to strip you clean of your hard-earned cash, not to bash them or anything, but Come on! Their G5 is no better than a Pentium 4 with an Nvidia GeForce 2. I ran UT2003 on it with the graphics on full, the frame rate was terrible in comparison to my Gateway running with the graphics on full on two screens at the same time, and my computer is over a year-and-a-half old now...

Anyway... Getting to my point: If you need to, burn your iTunes music to CD, otherwise, get Napster. As long as you're in the Continental US, Napster ROCKS, they even let you preview the song before you download it!

If you can't get napster then maybe you should wait for Wal-Mart to launch their music service (Though I guarantee you wont be able to get any non-cencored music tracks from them)

I use iTunes regularly, but I also keep a pack of 150 mini disks at my side to convert the music so that I can put it on my iPod running the old software.