View Single Post
Old 07-01-2005, 06:48 PM   #16
Lavindathar
Harper

<font color="cyan">Me and my girlfriend went to see it tonight.

Well, I thought it was excellent.

The whole film was good, and right at the end, when I thought it was over, I said to myself, that ending is so shite.

Then came the twist, and I really enjoyed it. Go see it!

To answer some questions:

CRITICAL SPOILERS BELOW:

The aliens planet is very similar to ours, and before humanity exists they source it out, bury the tripods for when they need to move planets.

The time comes at the start of the film. They start destroying it.

Think of the Tripods as the scouts and villagers.

They are not there to destroy human life, they are there to prepare the planet for the relocation. The tripods capture the humans, and disperse the blood around the planet in the veins, for nutrients/harvest or whatever. They do kill some people, but nvm.

At the end, the planet is ready to take over.It is fully covered in veins, and would be able to support the alien life.

But what an ending!

I loved it:

It took billions of deaths for man to develop his immunity to the bacteria. It was mans biggest ally. The aliens could survive in our atmosphere, drink our blood, but, they had never come into contact with the bacteria before, so they die.

It was very similar to the start of life in the sea, millions of years back. All life were single celled forms, and they thrived in the sea. Then coral starting forming, producing oxygen. Out of the single celled forms in the sea, scientists estimate only 0.1% of cells adapted to the oxygen,and survived. The other 99.9% of cells couldn't handle the oxygen, and were poisoned.

Luckily the cells humans developed from were in this 0.1%.

Maybe H.G Wells didn't base the book on this principle, aliens and all, but it's definately the same kind of thing.

Excellent if you ask me!</font>