View Single Post
Old 06-07-2001, 12:58 PM   #12
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Aurican:
Some people like to roleplay as well as annilate bad guys... I thought that rangers had more hit dice than the fighter did, I am wrong? Aslo they are the only class intended for dual wielding, unfortunately the BG series simply screwed that law up.. So, if you really want to play by DnD rules, rangers should be the only folks out there wielding two separate weapons.
Aurican,

I also think that Rangers get more HD than fighters. In PnP AD&D they roll a d12 (IIRC) and get 2HD at first level as opposed to a fighters 1HD. Every little bit helps...

The biggest thing that I like about Rangers is that when you dual them to Cleric, they have access to *all* Cleric and Druid spells (subject to sufficient WIS, of course...). Pretty cool. I also like the dual wield and stealth abilities. Plus, they have one of the best stronghold quests in the game, if you ask me.

However, don't mistake this post as trying to convince you to play a Ranger Avatar. Personally, I could care less what class you play. That's why there are lots of different classes to choose from.

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!