View Single Post
Old 10-09-2001, 04:12 PM   #51
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:

Ah yes, post modernism. Unfortunately I am post-post modernist in my thinking.
Take for example my thinking that I alone have absolute truth. Under post modernist thought I am right, for by concieving my truth I make it right.

So here goes.

I possess absolute truth. This is my reality and my truth so it is right, and you as a true post modernist cannot presume me to be wrong.

Aha, but I don’t do ‘isms’. And I do not recognise the validity of your dismissal of my thinking as postmodernist (cheeky )

My thinking comes from a wide variety of sources, first and foremost being my own experience, which is considerable and varied, though I do say it myself.... Admittedly, I have been exposed to postmodernism, - however, I decided not to pursue it after going up my own backside for the fifth time running....

Whatever, anyhow, I reject your concept, and continue to argue that what works for me is ‘right’ for me, and what works for you is ‘right’ for you. ( I don’t think post modernist thought boils down to ‘by conceiving my truth I make it right’. Or perhaps I have misunderstood what you mean by that phrase. Could you give me a concrete example of what you mean?.......... Then I’d be able to respond more fully. Thanks...

Everyone thinks their beliefs are true. Personally, as I’ve said before, I think none of them are, if we are talking about true beliefs corresponding to the ‘true’ state of reality. We none of us can perceive reality, as it truly is. We work with what we can perceive, and make sense of things as best we can.

Language gets in the way of a true perception, with its associated concepts, emotions, inherent bias, and all the rest. Given this, how can any of us claim to have the truth on reality (and that includes the divine...)

------------------

Most Ecstatic and Exotic Mistress of the Illuminati

[This message has been edited by Silver Cheetah (edited 10-09-2001).]