View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 05:12 PM   #5
Olorin

Breakout Champion Hexxagon Champion
In Betrayal at Krondor, your hp/stam went up one point every two weeks of game time that passed. So if you took your time and rested often, you would tend to gain more hp/stam. These increases were never announced of course, though the first time you looked at the char screen after a change, any value that had changed was highlighted. Of course, that didn't tell you if it had gone up +1 since you last checked, or +5...

One game I got a copy of Thiful's Bird Migrations via a sidequest, and then bought another one at a store. I sat in the store and read all through both books 100 times (that's how many times you can read a book before it wore out). The shop had cheap rations, which was good, since every 3 readings of the book took 2 days. Yes, I spent 19 weeks of game time sitting in the shop reading. By the time I was done, not only had various skills gone up due to the book, but my health/stam had increased by 10 points.

Any chance BaK could be run on a Mac? I no longer have a PC to try it on.
"Many are my names in many countries. Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkun to the Dwarves; Olorin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not"

--The Two Towers
Olorin is offline   Reply With Quote