View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 04:36 PM   #4
Lucern
Quintesson

I guess we're comparing apples to much older apples, so my 'help' might not really be worth anything

In Betrayal at Krondor money could easily be quite a problem - you'd be lifting the worst swords and armor for a paltry 5-6 gold, but at a few moments you can really cash in. In one of the chapters a city is going through a guild crisis, and all of the wares are overpriced. The good news is that they also buy at very high rates, so after that gold isn't much of an issue.

With the dungeons in that engine you aren't missing a whole lot. Think mazes that burn through your torches with an encounter at every turn.

The only way I could figure out that my HP/Stamina were going up is that they'd show up as red in the character sheets. It, like most skills, grow pretty gradually. Since I travelled a lot, even my magician has 120 HP/Stamnia total though He's a terror on the battlefield.

If you haven't played Betrayal at Krondor - it's fairly hard to get working but it's totally worth it (and I can help anyone who needs to get it running).

Edit: it was also released by Sierra to generate interest in either Antara or Return to Krondor. It's downloadable in several places.

[ 07-27-2005, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: Lucern ]
Lucern is offline   Reply With Quote