View Single Post
Old 08-23-2004, 02:04 PM   #35
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
I'd say the human as a race is more dangerous than the aliens, because if the presence of the predator became common knowledge, they'd have a relatively advanced, adaptable intelligent ennemy, while the aliens in general are not smart enough to really understand the existance of the predator.

Think of the aliens as wolves. They can know there are another predator on their hunting ground, they can recognise them, but can they scout out to find out where they are coming from, find out the strength, weaknesses and how to defeat them? Maybe the Queen would be smart enough, but probably not the regular ones.

Also, the aliens are not likely to evolve any more than they are right now, while the human have the potentials to advance their technology.

Of course in pure melee combat the aliens are a much more dangerous prey.
Although the problem with that line of thought is the same one that plagued the humans in Pred 2, most of humanity is too fractured to fight against an enemy in our midst cohesively, especially one as dangerous as Pred's. In the first movie it took a highly trained special op's team to take down 1 predator, and only 2 people were capable of survival (not counting the ones that ran away), the amerindian, and Arnold, the Amerind gave himself up to buy time (I still think he could have taken the thing down if he had decided to fight it). In a large population area, with a group of Pred's looking to unleash hell on the world, it would take nukes to stop them (which they will gladly use themselves if they get injured to the point of risking being caught/captured, or just to keep their tech aweay from humans).

Aliens work in concert, very much like wolves, and aside from picking up characteristics from their hosts, wouldn't be that dangerous (now I have seen prerd/alien hybrids and they are one of the scariest things out there as far as dangerousness, one of the AvP comics), in one of teh crossovers with DC superman got implanted with one, and had to puke the thing up into the sun to keep a "superalien" from spawning. again it really depends on what base creature the aliens are spawning from, the human-alien brids aren't nearly as dangerous as some of the other potential brids.