View Single Post
Old 04-04-2005, 11:25 PM   #7
DinkumThinkum
Dungeon Master

If you're using a flat-panel display, you'll get the sharpest display if you set the game to the flat-panel's native resolution or to an exact sub-multiple.

For example:

My flat-panel has a 1600 X 1200 native resolution. In the game, I'm using 800 X 600 (exactly 1/2), and that gives a sharper display than the other two choices.

Note: this is true for anything with a flat-panel; they'll always have a sharper display at their native resolution (or exact sub-multiple) than at other resolutions.

Another possibility, if you have a flat panel. Look in your video driver settings and see if there's an option to select whether or not to scale the image size to the display size. (It might be with settings specific to the monitor you're using.)

You could try setting that to not scale the image. That will probably give you a smaller image on the display, but it should be sharper because the video driver isn't trying to adjust the picture to match your monitor's screen size.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple of video driver settings I found helpful to change:

1. Turn off anti-aliasing. For me, that got rid of pixellated borders around the character image in the top left corner and a few other places.

With my ATI video card, I turned this off by setting anti-aliasing to 'Application preference'. If you don't have an actual 'off' option, look for something like that.

2. See if your video driver has an option to enable/disable 'alternate pixel center' or something similar (in my driver, it's on a 'compatability' tab). If it does, try changing that to see if if helps the text quality.

(In Morrowind, enabling that gave me sharper text; in W&W, turning it off makes the text sharper.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The settings for your video board/driver are at:

'Windows Control Panel | Display | Settings | Advanced'

I'm using an ATI video board, from a different manufacturer than yours, so I can't give you more detailed directions to the settings.
Morrowind modder resources:<br /><br />PotionSaver script for Companions and other NPCs<br /><br />Teleport disable/trap and banishment scripts<br /><br />Morrowind mod:<br /><br />Unarmored Corrector V01 (for players)<br /><br />All on [url]\"http://lovkullen.net/Emma/Resources.html\" target=\"_blank\">Emma\'s web site</a>.
DinkumThinkum is offline   Reply With Quote