View Single Post
Old 11-29-2001, 02:36 PM   #14
Darkman

quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
Okay, I'm back!

Now about GPoW: It DOES exist, Wirt's had it several times for me in Single Player, but never a perfect set, of course. In fact, he's never shown me anything better than my PERFECT Godly Plate. (Not that I'm actually complaining about this, lol.)

I wouldn't know if Wirt sells the cool stuff like that in Multiplayer, my trick to 'operate' him doesn't work in Multi. But my Single-Player Rogue has almost ALL the good stuff--even a couple imperfect Obsidian Zodiac, and a few perfect things like a Diamond Wizardry. (I've had the BEST luck with this girl--she found the Royal Circlet on Level 16 in her VERY FIRST GAME!!! Then the Shirotachi & Stormshield in rapid succession.....had to wait for a while to find the Dreamflange, though, and I STILL haven't found Xorine's Ring, even though I've been searching for ages.

Yeah, some of those 'Variants' are pretty cool. I liked the Axe Rogue, myself. Too bad they're all ways to make you character worse, though. I kinda like being overpowered--I don't really focus on getting better, just finding weirder & weirder ways to pull tricks off. (I still love being able to kill Diablo without ever entering his sight range--I'll post the screenshot soon.)

LOL. Why didn't you say you were playing Hellfire? There's loads of stuff you can find in Hellfire that are not possible in regular D1, including your GPoW.

By the way, what exactly do you mean by "operating" Wirt?

As for the variants, they are designed to make the game more interesting and challenging. Diablo is not an overly difficult game, and with some good tactics even the most extreme of variants can thrive. That's why I like D1 so much, because good strategy can help you more than good items [img]smile.gif[/img]