View Single Post
Old 04-30-2001, 01:35 PM   #4
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Ogotaii:
first, this is a great website, it have everything! nice work!
My question:
I want to start an evil party with only the evil caracters in my party.
Which caracter should I need to create to have a "complete" band.
I though of a magic user, but I don't know which is better: mage or sorcerer?

Thanks for answering
Hi Ogotaii and welcome aboard!

To go to the root of your question...if you are going to play an evil PC and all evil (or evil tolerant) NPCs, you might not want to play a mage. That is if your main goal is to balance your party. I say this because Edwin is an evil mage, Jan (although he's not really evil) is a good back-up spellcaster, and Haer'dalis (although he's not really evil either) is also a good back-up spellcaster. Then you've also got Viconia as your evil Cleric. However...you'll be short on tanks. I would strongly suggest that you choose a fighter of some type to start (Barbarian, Berserker, Kensai, etc.). You may even want to dual them to something else later (I'm running an evil berserker now that I'm going to dual to Thief soon. Doing this will allow you to have two tanks in your party (Korgan and you) to engage the enemy while your spell casters hail them with missile weapons and spells.

If you are deadset on a spellcaster, however, I would suggest that you outfit Viconia with items to raise her strength and turn her into a tank... That's my take on things anyway. Hope that helps!

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!