View Single Post
Old 09-11-2002, 04:47 AM   #10
Melusine
Dracolisk

I was right here browsing the Ironworks forum when Mark/Skywalker posted a topic about a plane crashing into the WTC (this was almost immediately after it happened). Right then my boyfriend came home and we quickly had to go do the weekly groceries. I had no idea at that point how bad it was... I guess I was a bit dumbstruck by the topic. Just before I left I saw Skywalker post something like "Oh my God... another plane just crashed into it".
I was a bit confused as we walked through the supermarket, not sure what the situation was like, when my sister called me on my mobile phone with the latest news. (She was at home watching the telly). I was shocked as I started to get an inkling of the enormity of the disaster, and told some people in the supermarket the news. None of us, however, really realised the gravity of the situation. On the way back home we listened to the radio news. It wasn't until we came home and turned on the TV that it hit us. Spent most of the evening watching the news and browsing IW, especially because I was worried sick about people in the neighbourhood like Yorick. I remember the relief when Leonis posted he was alright.