View Single Post
Old 01-24-2005, 05:34 PM   #9
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by SecretMaster:
quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
Just realise Everquest has no PvP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is shocking! I guess I can only play WoW then....
PvP in WoW is completely overrated. If you play on a strictly PvP server, you will most likely find yourself cursing left and right and might end up with a broken comp. PvP server is literally a slugfest between both sides (obviously) but it is literally impossible to go and and quest in foreign grounds without getting killed. You really can't enjoy yourself because you must always be on your guard. Players will attack you while you are attacking creeps, it is an all out massacre when it comes to starting grounds.

Stick with PvE.
[/QUOTE]Yes, that's the point of pvp servers, some people like that.

It's not as bad as you make it out to be, there are safe zones to level, and safe cities to restock.

Sometimes I wish I went to a pvp server. Zones like Ashenvale Forest, Hillsbrad Foothills and such lose their effect when you have an ennemy city in front of you, ennemies are all over the place, but there are no sense of danger.

But I still like the pvp on pve server. You turn it on if you want, and you're sure to find someone to fight in a short time.

At worst you just go attack an ennemy city.

Of course battlegrounds are going to be awesome. Full scale pvp with objectives, quest and everything, but with equal odds and only people interested in participating.
Luvian is offline   Reply With Quote