View Single Post
Old 10-10-2001, 12:01 AM   #7
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Sir Real,

I'm not a moderator here at IW (just the Official Welcome Wagon!) but I do moderate on Mithril Hall and have been a member since before Memnoch was a moderator here at Ironworks. So I'll have a go at answering most of your questions! Maybe Memsy, Ertai or Sazerac will pop by later.

Moderators are chosen directly by Ziroc (our webmaster and owner of the forum as you probably know). He chooses them for various reasons but mainly because he trusts their judgement. The moderators make decisions based on their perceptions of what is being said/done in a thread. They make judgement calls about whether or not something is appropriate or follows the rules and Ziroc backs their decisions.

To the best of my knowledge, they can lock threads, warn people who are breaking rules, log IP addresses and can recommend banning a member to Z. On the new board, I expect they will also be able to make sticky posts that stay at the top of a thread. Mods don't 'abuse their power'. At least not that I've seen here at IW and if it were to happen, Ziroc would be the one to deal with it, I'm sure.

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."