Thread: smoking
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2004, 12:02 PM   #22
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Ivelliis:
I don't like smoking, in fact I hate it. But if people do want to smoke, let them.
As Hivetyrant said, let them smoke but don't breathe it on me
Most of the time, when I am with a non-smoking friend in a smoking zone, I blow the smoke sideways and towards the floor. It caused me a lot of inconvenient but I have learn to accept it. I am sure some of my fellow smokers do that do (maybe not ALL the time).

As Stromy has said it: just because you do not approve of smoking, does not give you the right to ban it because others enjoy it.

Tighter smoking control, yes. Smoking ban? I will fart more to compensate for the lack of smoke. Try banning that instead.

Quote:
And I assume that if we were eliminating smoking GI's then we'd be eliminating smoking German and Japanese soldiers and sailors as well, so on balance of probability, the outcome of WW II would have been the same.
I am hazy about historical figure, but if I am right, both Franklin D. Roosevelt and Wiston Churchill are smokers. If we were to eliminate non-smokers from the WWII era, that leaves the non-smoking Hitler unopposed.

[ 11-26-2004, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: Paladin2000 ]