View Single Post
Old 03-12-2001, 03:32 AM   #16
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Artemis:

How effective would Imoen be as the principal thief of the group? I'm leaning towards the following combo:
- myself, powerful fighter/mage who ends up doing more fighting than mage-ing i have my character do a lot of pre-battle spells and then armor up for playing the fighter
- Minsc as the other tank of the team
- Aerie for her wide portfolio of cleric & mage spells
- Jaheira for her druid spells and ability to play 3rd sword (and with the sling of seeking and the one of the girdles of strength, she is putting those bullets through some people's skulls)
- Nalia for maging...she can reach the high level mage spells that Aerie can't due to her multi-class, and Nalia has high HP
- Imoen, for her maging and story-line attributes.

My big question is can Imoen, with the assistance of some of the magical items for thieves, get the thieving job done? I don't want to find myself failing in that respect, but if it could work out I'd have a pretty mean all-star team with some heavy magic-users (critical for the big bad-guy battles). Also fits my theme of all gals and hamster lovers

Thoughts?

[This message has been edited by Artemis (edited 03-12-2001).]
The basic functions of a thief, especially in a good party, are to open locks and find traps. Imoen and Nalia will fill these roles reasonably well. Just don't expect them to hide in shadows or pick pockets too often.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 03-12-2001).]