View Single Post
Old 02-07-2001, 07:27 AM   #9
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

I think I've mentioned before that I work 40+ hours per week recruiting, training & supervising senior citizen "volunteers" for two federal/state programs named the Foster Grandparent & Senior Companion Programs. The reason "volunteers" is in quotations is because these people are paid a small, tax-free stipend plus mileage. And they put in up to 30 hours per week. I currently have 95 vols in 15 communities (38 buildings) in the north central region of our state. I travel a lot for my job. I sometimes get a trip to another state for fun. Now that the boys are getting older, perhaps my husband & I will finally get to do some of the international traveling we've dreamed of. HE gets to go much more often than I do. The one true 'inequality' in our relationship!

When I'm not at work, I am mom, homemaker, wife, school volunteer. What spare time I have is used either surfing the web, or playing RPGs. (Not necessarily in that order) Unfortunately, although I love reading, I barely have time for it anymore. Too much activity here in my house!! I've gone from reading 2-3 fantasy novels (& others) per week, to maybe 1 per month. Sad eh?
Actually, I think part of the problem is that RPGs take so much time!

Thank you for posting this topic Vicotnik! I too have been wondering what everyone 'does' for a living!
*ooops* this got long!