View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 12:28 AM   #7
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Default Re: Console Conundrum....

Ok, so basically I ended up trading up for a new all-in-one modem router. So far it seems to be working without issue. Which leads me to believe the issue was in fact with the internet device. But specifically what that issue was I am unsure.

One possibility is that the Motorola was seeing the Xbox ONE X as the Xbox ONE, but certain addressing information didn't match up so it created an issue. In theory, I suppose the issue 'could' have been resolved by deleting the Xbox from the router, and having it reconnect. After all, my TV had been wired to the same router without any problems only the Xbox when I upgraded started having an issue.

Another possibility was that the router was just cheap and certain parts were beginning to fail. I find this option the least convincing, as it was very specific about which device was experiencing the problems, even when switching ethernet ports and cables.

I don't know much about networking or how the routers recognize devices, so this is pure guess work on my part. For the most part I like my tech to just do what it's supposed to do when I plug it in.

For the time being, things seem to be functioning as expected.
So, happy news for now.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote