View Single Post
Old 09-23-2001, 03:57 PM   #28
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by tracey:
that's very sad indeed. however, you seem perfectly happy to indulge a few more orphans in the world.

there is no absolute answer. however, retaliation does not even come close to helping the situation one iota. all it will do is aggravate the current crisis and add a few more corpses. cool your heels and use your logic circuits.
We can not set back and let him strike again later. Too many have died already. To me that is logic. I agree with John D. We will not carpet bomb Afganistan. What would that do? My guess is the Northern Alliance is about to get a whole lot of help, including economic aid. We will provide training and leadership, close aerial support and anything else they need. We will shutdown the borders around Afganistan as best we can, take out the Taliban with their own people, and get Bin Laden in the end. We cannot go into Afganistan and occupy it. History has proven that. Ask the Russians. The Afgan government problem must be dealt with from within (with a little bit of help from us). This time, I hope we do things right and don't walk away from Afganistan after the fight is over, but stay and provide economic support and humanitarian aid. That's what we didn't do the first time.

War is tragic, but sometimes it is necessary.

------------------
Sir Taliesin

If they take my gun can I still use my Axe?