View Single Post
Old 03-12-2001, 06:03 AM   #8
Melusine
Dracolisk

Epona,
yes, that does sounds VERY familiar (apart from the veinless wonder hehe, with me they told me I didn't need to worry about it as I had the best veins she'd "stabbed" in years)
I was also wondering how old you were as it might help some of the others to see what your prob is. Well I think that a lot of people suffer from joint aches and so on, esp. in an older age, but that doesn't mean they've got the same thing as you, seeing that you're also very tired. I could tell you what my GP said, but of course that doesn't mean you have it too, he's even unsure whether I have it, but anyway: my doctor told me the first thing that sprang to his mind when hearing my problems was M.E. The most important symptoms are: extreme tiredness, pain in joints/muscles, dizzyness, nausea etc.
I was wondering, if you say "very tired" does it mean that you cannot work the same amount as you used to, need more sleep than usual, feel tired when you do things but still do them?
For me, it's so bad that lifting my teacup strains my arm and walking across the street to my boyfriend is an enormous task. Doing the groceries exhausts me for the rest of the day and I don't think I need to say that I haven't attended university in two months....
If you recognise this it might be M.E. but of course it's just a gamble, I'm just speculating as I feel that the worst part of this is waiting for the bloodtest results and the fear that they will have found nothing. I'm just so afraid that they won't be able to find a thing and I'll have to go on like this! I really hope so much that my doctor will tell me something like: 'Ah yes, you've not enough iron in your blood, now if you take these pills every day you'll soon be back to normal...'
So when do you get your results? I hope that it will prove to be something easily treatable and I will keep all my toes and fingers crossed for you! Don't give up hope, I know exactly how you feel and I'm frightened too sometimes, but now at least we have a companion on the board who goes through the same thing...GOOD LUCK!!!
Melusine: Casts Luck: Epona
Epona: Luck
Melusine: Casts Bless: Epona
Epona: Blessed
Melusine: Casts Heal: Epona
Epona: Healed

Btw keep us updated on everything, OK?
Oh, and this should cheer you up: I've sent the mailing list around for the B-day Card Network, and I know you're having your birthday soon: so everybody in the Network: c'mon and send those cards!!!!

------------------
Melusine

Your voice is ambrosia