View Single Post
Old 03-11-2001, 08:33 PM   #1
Epona
Zartan

I mentioned this in Ziroc's thread on new areas for the board, but thought it best to let that one stay 'on-topic'!!!

Don't read any further if you don't want to hear me whining about my health problems!

Just that I have not been feeling too well for a while now, very tired, aching joints & muscles, just haven't got the energy to do anything. I saw my doctor and am now booked in for blood tests next week. This came as a bit of a surprise, as I was expecting her to say 'come back in 2 weeks if you don't feel any better', which is what usually happens. (BTW, I am not looking forward to having blood taken at all - my doctor called me 'The Veinless Wonder' when she saw my arms - I have no veins showing at all so they'll probably have to stab about a bit before they hit one).

So I am now quite worried, as I was not expecting to be booked in for tests - they would not do that if they thought it was just in my head.

My doctor is also really good - she asked me loads of questions about all sorts of things. (The only reason they usually say to go back if it doesn't get better is because I'm fairly young & healthy, and because there have been some problems with bacteria resistant to antibiotics esp. tuberculosis, they don't like to prescribe if you are capable of fighting off a bug by your own immune system).

But I'm still worried about it. What if the tests show I have something wrong? What if they don't, so I still won't know what is wrong? There is no really good outcome as far as I am concerned, unless I suddenly get better. Melusine, I think you may know what I mean?

BTW, I'm not after sympathy, this just came up in another thread which wasn't the place for it, but if anyone has any advice or gone through similar I'd be grateful.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.