View Single Post
Old 03-04-2002, 06:09 PM   #9
hagimihale
Manshoon

I concur with Nifft on soloing a cleric/druid - there are so many potions of healing in the game that healing spells are almost obsolite (since you won't be sharing them with any NPCs)... but that being said, there ARE some sweet spells to be had.

I like the option of using a thief multiclass: (1) experience for find and remove traps, (2) hide in shadows and backstab - these make it worthwhile. Thief/Mage (my current game) is very effective and a lot of fun.

However, I also think that using a thief multiclass is an easier route than a straight character of any kind, for the same reasons I mentioned above.

Soloing a Bard would seem to be a decent challenge... but I don't know if I'd enjoy that in ToB given that you are limited to 6th level spells. The suggestion to solo a Monk also appeals to me - that character (along with Bounty Hunter and Assassin) would be likely candidates to live a life by themselves...

At mid-range levels, most of the traps I encountered didn't seem to really affect me (once the saving throws get pretty low) so that might not be as big a deal as I first thought.

Just try some different characters and see what appeals to you. People have different personalities and mesh better with some classes than others (I consider straight fighers boring, myself, and tend to gravitate towards mages). Good luck!
hagimihale is offline   Reply With Quote