View Single Post
Old 03-04-2002, 11:55 AM   #8
Nifft the Nimble

quote:
Originally posted by Eledenil:
By the way, just one question: is the two handed weapons proficiency only for 2 handed swords? shouldn't it apply to ANY weapon which requires both hands, such as bows and crossbows? I've got one proficiency point remaning and Im nor sure where to put it.

2-Handed Weapon Style benefits any 2-handed melee weapon, and no missile weapon. Your thief's 2-handed option is: Quarterstaves! I think Quarterstaves are a very good deal for solo thieves. You get a cheap long weapon, you can find good ones early on, you can backstab with them, and they do blunt damage, which you need to kill some golems.

koconner: I think that a cleric/thief would be interesting, but not because of healing. If you're a solo thief, you'll have the Ring of Regeneration as soon as you leave Irenicus' dungeon, and plenty of healing potions before that. Instead, a cleric/thief gets to use helmets, shields and some very good weapons. They can use clubs and quarterstaves to backstab (haven't tried clubs, but many quarterstaves work great). More importantly, though, they get tons of self-buff spells! A Thief benefits greatly from a Call Upon Holy Might or two.

Saverico: You might want to try making your own multi-player party. It's useful sometimes to have more than one character. A Fighter/Thief and a Mage/Cleric OR Cavalier and Bounty Hunter would be a good minimal party in my opinion, but a party of an Avenger, Thief/Illusionist, Sorcerer and Cavalier would be more well-rounded. (Make the Avenger the protagonist: only he can become the Great Druid, and that is worth more than any other stronghold. Five extra level 5, 6 and 7 spells! Woo-hoo!) (As to why an Avenger over all other Druids: the Avenger gets some good spells. Other Druids get either better shapechanging or bonus summons, both of which become useless at high (ToB) levels, when you can summon Elememtal Princes and turn into a Fire Elemental yourself.)

-- Nifft

[ 03-04-2002: Message edited by: Nifft the Nimble ]

Nifft the Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote