View Single Post
Old 10-09-2005, 12:47 PM   #16
NobleNick
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by lost prophet:
...even though I havnt got any clerics yet...I find it to boring to try and select all of my fighters to attack without clicking on the bard and causing her stop singing.... Whats really annoying me is the lack of a thief. in DE 3 i kept having to reload as my characters were getting diseased and i didnt have any potions to cure them. Also theres all the locked containers that even my STR 18/98 fighter cant break.
~Slight DE spoiler buried in the below.~

Yes, I know which chests on DE5 you are speaking of; and my STR 18/73 Fighter couldn't break them either.

I have the same problem of no Thief; but having no Thief *and* no Cleric is a double whammy. That is why my front five includes:

DC F(13)/C
DC C(12)/R {or maybe even C(13)/R}

Even so, there will still be a gap with no Clerics and no Thief; and I still haven't figured out what to do about it, except that I have already used a mercenary Thief (a 7th character) to help out in Kuldahar; and I may have to "hire" him again (and let my DC F/M rest) later in the game.

On attacking: I have just always gotten into the habit of pausing and selecting everyone except thte Bard and issuing the attack order. It is almost always very easy to exclude the Bard from the selection box if you have her as the sixth member of the party.

Aerich's advice on the Knock spell and Mirror Image is good; but you are right in that it will not help during the battle with Yux. I did not have Mirror Image on my Bard, yet; so let my 108 HP tank run around the area ahead and clear it. That way the Cleric had to use only one cure poison or cure disease. Aerich's solution is definitely cleaner; and now that I have two Mirror Image spells, I have allowed the Bard to learn one. (I am hoarding scrolls for when the F/M DCs.)

I haven't tried it yet, but see no reason why you couldn't do a monster summon and use the little guys as walking minesweepers.

Have you been drinking the Mummy's Teas or selling them? You should have found somewhere on the order of 10 by now.

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!

[ 10-09-2005, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: NobleNick ]
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote