View Single Post
Old 01-06-2005, 08:54 AM   #43
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

fine, just remember you asked for it [img]tongue.gif[/img]

this is an ongoing problem, will explain at the end...
when I had my son, I had an infection that wrapped around the uterus, causing me to go into premature labor. He was delivered by Emergency C-section, and the doctor on call placed a drain in my abdomen. well, going for my check up, my doctor removed the drain, leaving the infection inside me with no way to come out. After a week of it building, we finally convinced my doctor something was wrong with me, he then admitted me into the hospital and found that I had a staph infection in the wound it's self. so he put me on drip antibiotics, which worked at first. but after two weeks in the hospital, something was not right. so my briliant doctor calls in another doctor. the new doctor did everything right, he sent me for a CT scan, found the infection had spread and wrapped around my intestines as well as the ovaries and falopian tubes. he then sent me back down to the CT scan to have a drain put in. after an hour of trying, and me begging them to stop, my husband pacing outside listening to it the entire time, they decided the infection was too deep and too hardly packed to insert the tube, resulting in my having to have another surgery. after the operation was completed, I had lost one ovary and falopian tube to this infection. the worse part was they had to leave the newest cut open. the wound had to be packed twice a day by my husband for about 5 months until it finally healed up. when Destiny was born, I had a blood clot that formed at the bottom of the vertical scar from her C-section, resulting in my having another open wound to pack twice a day. the last scar did not heal like it was supposed to, so now instead of having one long scar holding my tummy closed, I have a split section that is covered by a thin layer of scar tissue, when held together, the gap is about an inch deep.