View Single Post
Old 04-01-2001, 04:22 AM   #3
Epona
Zartan

OH NO - Did I miss a party???? WAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAA

I went out for my birthday celebration last night - and it was a bit of a disaster. I had planned to meet some friends in a pub and go to a restaurant. The problems started early on. I invited 10 or 12 friends, but arrangements were a bit haphazard because I really couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery at the best of times, and I had not been feeling well.

On Friday, my bf had said that he would confirm the last minute arrangements with a couple of people to help me out - but he forgot, left his address book with phone numbers in at work, so there were a couple of people I couldn't phone to let them know.

Saturday during the day, I got phonecalls from a couple of friends who were ill and couldn't come along.

I hadn't had replies to my e-mails to 2 people, and I didn't have their phone numbers to contact them.

Saturday night I went to the pub to meet up with the remaining few and the pub was closed.

I ended up with myself, my bf and two VERY GOOD friends who had managed to turn out to celebrate my 30th. We ended up going to a cheap restaurant where we have all been hundreds of times before, simply because by that time I was so disheartened that I couldn't be bothered. I did have a nice time, but it was not the 30th birthday celebration that I would have hoped for. I am very grateful that I have a couple of really good friends who would drop everything to come see me. The two who were ill is not their fault, I will catch up with them in a couple of weeks, and have a belated drink with them when they are both better, but probably individually, as one lives in London and the other in my home town. So my party never really happened, and I missed the party here too.

I now have to spend the rest of the weekend writing essays which are already late and which I don't have enough books myself to be able to have enough material & sources to write a good essay, and I can't get to the library.

So I need a bit of cheering up.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas.