Thread: Experts Wanted
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2001, 11:38 AM   #12
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_M:
As you can see im new to this whole notice board thingy, and i need some helpful hints and/or tips for SoA and ToB about creating NPC'c and tips to get me through the game itself any help will be Appreciated.
Welcome to the Forum.

Hmmmm... ...

This is a tricky question, since I do not know your style of play. If you like spell casting, I recommend either Sorcerer or Wild Mage. The former is a formidable spell caster and you can find a link to a spell list I made for a Sorcerer in my signature. The latter is for the potential fun factor, each time you cast a spell, there is a 5% chance a wild surge will happen, this can either be a good or bad thing, and if you are lucky, you will get to see cows drop from the sky.

If you prefer staying in the background, aiding your party with healing spells and summons, you can either be a Druid or a Cleric. The former has better spells, while the latter can a good fighter if you dual from a Berserker at level 12.

If you prefer hacking and slashing and generally be in the thick of action, then a fighter is the way to go. Either a Berserker or a Paladin, with Paladins, you can either choose to be a Cavalier, an Undead Hunter or an Inquisitor, they are meant to combat Demons/Dragons, Undead and Mages respectively.

If you prefer being sneaky and enjoy backstabbing, then maybe a Thief is for you. Assassins are the best backstabbers with a x7 backstab modifier.

If you are undecided on what you want to be, then maybe you can consider being a Jack of all Trades and be a Blade. Here is an URL to some Bard tactics.

Bards are good.

My party usually has two tanks, a thief( acts as a back-up mage or fighter too), two mages and one cleric( acts as a back-up fighter too).

Hope these all helps. Have fun with the game!

Hmmmm... ... if I were to create a multi-player party, this would be what I choose.

Sorcerer <---- main char
Swashbuckler
Berserker dualled to Cleric
Cavalier
Necromancer
Archer

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Cavalier meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a Blade and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of ALSB, Aerie Loving Sacred Band! She's MeowRrrr, and more!

-------------------------
Sorcerer Spell List
Dragon Slaying Tips

[This message has been edited by Dundee Slaytern (edited 10-17-2001).]