View Single Post
Old 11-14-2000, 04:09 PM   #2
Aectann

I vote for Ce;estial Fury. First of all, yu may get it in the very beginning with very weak party. With _any_ party, to be correct, because u just need to cast protection from evil 10'radius and Glabrezu will kill all the other summoned monsters, and you may kick him easily with bullets+2 or arrows+2 or so... For the party upstairs you just need a cleric or mage to cast hold person, when you will bait their fighters downstairs. And - Fury can Stun almost _anything_, except some undead and powerful demons. It can even stun liches! It stuns mages through stoneskin, and you can _easily_ whack them. I killed whole Drizzt's party with my main char weilding Fury in one hand and under improved haste. I had 9 attacks/round this way (just wanted to challenge him, no oofense, ok? ). It can stun beholders. Hell, almost _anything_, as I said. Lightning Strike with its 5% chance strikes quite often too. So - when you are grand master in katanas, and weild CF - you'just kill anything long before it can hurt you. I whacked this Baator demon in Swirfneblin village with few hits, he he. No, really, this katana is much better then all these Vorpals, Carsomyrs, Razors and stuff... I don't really remember last time I had to gulp a potion of extra healing, because noone was THAT fast to hurt me, hehehe
And razor... Why the Hell you need it if you only get hold on it for a last few minutes in the game? You get Ecualizer in the VERY late, when it does not really needed. If they gave it to you at _least_ in the middle, in ch4 or5... then maybe.
Soooo... Celestial Fury forever! I'll murder BioWare if they will remove it from me in BG3 in the same way they did it in BG2, because I can HARDLY imagine ANYONE, capturing me. Even Elminster will suck. These all old ADnD heroes really need to level-up a bit, and get some more magical stuff (speaking of Drizzt)