View Single Post
Old 05-27-2003, 10:48 AM   #1
Rokenn
Galvatron

From IMDB

'Phantom Menace' Is "Worst Sequel Ever"

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace has been voted the worst movie sequel of all time in a poll by American TV network E!. The highly anticipated 1999 prequel beat off fierce competition from the likes of Batman & Robin, Speed 2: Cruise Control and Jaws: The Revenge, to be crowned king of disappointing follow-ups. The Phantom Menace - made over 15 years after George Lucas' original Star Wars trilogy - starred Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor alongside a cast of computer-generated creatures. Jeff Reid of E! says, "Liam Neeson gave the old Jedi a try, but Ewan McGregor looked like he was still in Trainspotting. And the convoluted storyline didn't help. If there's one sure thing about Hollywood and sequels, it's that no matter how bad a movie is, it can always be re-made worse. In Tinseltown, imitation is not the sincerest form of flattery - it's an established path to commercial success. But all-too-often, part deux is really part doo-doo."