View Single Post
Old 03-21-2001, 11:24 PM   #51
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Steppenwolf:
It is perfectly possible to kill Firkraag at 8th or 9th level without losing a single hit point, or resorting to "cheat" strategies. It just takes careful planning and exucution. You will need a Fighter, a Mage, and a few items easily bought or stolen:

1. Potion of Storm Giant Strength (From Roger the Fence - go to Temple Sewers)
2. Potion of Heroism (Roger)
3. Potion of Insight (Roger)
4. Limited Wish scroll (Adventurer's Mart. Do not write it in your Mage's spellbook - put it in his Quick Item slot))
5. Haste scroll (Ditto)

Get your characters close to Firkraag (while he's neutral). Have your Fighter drink the potions of Storm Giant Strength, Heroism and Insight. Use Draw Upon Holy Might to boost his Strength to 25.

Have your Mage cast Haste upon your Fighter. Next, have your Mage use the Limited Wish scroll. Quickly move him away from the materializing Genie and have your Fighter speak to it in his place. The Genie will ask if he desires a one-time wish or a repeatable wish. Choose the one-time wish and then for the power to control Time. The Genie will cast Time Stop, allowing your Fighter to attack Firkraag with impunity for the next 5 rounds.

At 3 attacks per round, +7 to hit and +14 damage with your most proficient weapon, each attack will incur an average of 20 points.

I've tested this strategy four times now, and only once did my Fighter fail to slay Firkraag before the spell expires, and even by then he was Near Death. 'Still ate my party, though. I hate that dragon.

of course it is possible. I did it myself, but not your way. though it is pretty good idea. my posts was directed to "him" about his strategy.

then again, use time stop to beat Firakaag is not really what we want here. we are talking about confronting him.

and accord, BUAHAHAHAHAHA!