View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 02:49 PM   #3
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Frank got up that morning with a chip on his both shoulders. Some kind of damned ruckus and noise kept woke him up in the middle of the night, and nothing he did, drank or ate could send him back to sleep. After eating whatever ham and bread was leftover from yesterday, and spending a single minute in the bathroom on the usual morning hygiene, he dressed in his everyday work clothes and put on his shoulder leather. Coming down the stairs from his home to his shop, he could see some commotion outside through the windows. He could see some people running towards the town square, but he couldn't be bothered. He took one of the razors from the table, wetted it and started going up and down the shoulder leather to sharpen it. While in the practiced routine, he took some time to clean the two barber seats and the counters. A knock came on the door, his assistant Hans was standing outside holding closed his macintosh overcoat. Frank came up and opened the door to let Hans and the cold in. "Have you heard about the murder? Some poor soul lies dead on the town square, not a single drop of blood in him I've heard." Hans said instead of the normal "good morning".
"Yes, I know. If I had stayed in longer to feast on the dried remains I would have been caught. Good thing we bloodsuckers can turn into bats." Frank chuckled, thinking that it was probably just someone slipping on the ice and knocking himself out cold, and the news passed through a dozen mouths, gaining something with each telling. Rumors spread fast in a remote town such as this. Hans looked at him, and said "Well, then it is my duty to inform the authorities about the identity of the vampire in our midst." he joked, and continued "There isn't much work here now, could I go and take a look at it?" Frank took a moment to think, and realising noone came in for a shave in the morning for the past month, he agreed. As Hans left, Frank could see more people walking towards the town square. Something really did happen, or otherwise the people wouldn't still be walking off to see. Frank took off his leather, left his razor, took his keys and coat, and left the shop to see for himself what happened.
After pushing through the crowd to see what they gathered about, he saw blood on the snow. His eyes followed the blood to the butchered body of reverend Bors. It looked as if a whole pack of wolves attacked him, but wolves never came this far up the mountains. "Well, it might not have been a vampire." Hans said, finding Frank and pushing himself close to him. Frank's stare told him it wasn't funny.
Bozos of Bones is offline   Reply With Quote