View Single Post
Old 03-25-2004, 10:28 PM   #10
Nerull
Lord Ao

They only played 2 new songs because most of their fans don't want to hear the new stuff. The tour they did to support Load and Reload both had people pretty much calling from the audience to play older stuff. I also lost interest in them after the black album. That should have been a hint to them that they were losing the fan base that put them where they were to begin with. Much like Sampson, they got their hair cut and lost their power with it.
Don't even get me on the subject of their little corporate-backed "war against Napster". They sold out hard; I was one of the die-hard fans from the 80s, and pretty much felt betrayed.

Anyway, if you are not old enough to remember them, then yes, you would have liked the show. They were always a good touring band; they would do one album, then go on tour for 2+ years before even thinking about recording another album. IMHO, you would have had to drag my corpse there to get me to go.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin