View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 10:28 AM   #6
Nightowl2
Galvatron

A few things to keep in mind about the Diamond pack: 1) The manual is in .pdf format, not paper. 2) The premium mods can only be played while you're online because of some security/copy protection. 3) There was some sort of screwup with the games, and you'll have to run the HOTU166 patch update after installing the three originals (NWN, SoU, HOTU). The update is on the DVD.

If you find that troublesome, you may want to consider the platinum pack, which has the three originals and a paper manual. You will still have to update to 1.66 (online).

As to getting started, take your time. There is a lot to learn with this game. Don't worry about epic characters, because you won't reach that level until HOTU. Concentrate on the regular classes and the prestige classes.

In solo character games, I tend to skip magic users. My preferred setup for NWN is Fighter/Weapon Master/Rogue. A few Rogue levels come in very handy. I take them for Detrapping (lotta traps), Search, Persuasion, Tumble, and UMD (which lets you cast spells from scrolls, wands, etc. if you build it up). A little extra sneak damage doesn't hurt either.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote