View Single Post
Old 12-21-2004, 08:09 AM   #4
Lady Sedai
Banned User

Well if that's Sasha in the picture (and a very pretty dog it is [img]smile.gif[/img] Just sorry she's missing.) she looks to be a golden/beagle mix. So you could still look for the beagle mixes or even bassett mixes. Heck, my Jojo is right at 30 pounds and comes to just under my knee and she's a cocker/beagle mix.

But as to cats...trust me on this...after having more than a dozen cats in my life, it's not a toss-up what kind of personality the cat is going to have. There are *some* breed indications. Some are more fiesty, some more laid back. [img]smile.gif[/img] Tabby cats and black-and-white domestic shorthairs are more laid back when grown (and fixed), long-haired cats are divas and attention seekers, but very loving, etc. [img]smile.gif[/img] I've had all kinds and every one is different. Plus, it depends on what's happened in their life before you got them, too. If you get one from a kitten and are gentle and loving with it, it's more likely to be a lapcat. If you play "rough" with it, it's more likely to bite (even if not in a mean way, it still hurts).

Just some info from my years raising/training domestic animals. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Oh...and check out my edit to my first post if you haven't seen it yet.