View Single Post
Old 02-26-2004, 05:27 PM   #6
bsftcs
Red Dragon

The bar doors closed behind the valkyrie and the barbarian.

”I will have the usual”, said the barbarian. ”Come to think of it, you could prepare us all a meal – we have the rest of the day off, and we are all hungry”. They all nodded. ”My treat”.

”So what is afoot?”, asked the barbarian. ”Extremely good news…”, grinned the valkyrie, ”But I think I had better let Stackman explain that – I think he will be here shortly”. Overhearing the ranting of her curious party members she turned to Missy. ”Nice to have you with us again”, she continued. ”And I am pleased to be with you”, replied Missy, ”but I have to agree with your curious friends, that an explanation would be in place”.

”And a such you shall have”, said Stackman coming out from behind the bar disk. ”Pray tell, what are you doing back there?”, ranted B, ”this is private property”. ”According to this”, said Stackman producing an elaborate official looking document carrying the seal of the governor of Brimloch Room, ”I have been named Lord Protector of the Isle of Sands, Assistant Governor of Brimloch Roon, and Superintendent General of the Gael Serran (pending the approval of the annual governor summit which is just a formality)”. ”That makes me chief executive of the public health and veterinary authorities giving me the rights to make an unannounced inspection of your kitchen facilities”. ”We can also drop the formalities and call me the assistant barkeeper if you like?”. ”Fair enough”, said the puzzled B only too happy to avoid any problems”. ”Shall I help you to a decaffeinated mana max potion then?”.