View Single Post
Old 02-26-2004, 03:38 PM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

*Missy Hissy teleported back to Brimloch Roon, the events of the past few days weighing heavily on her mind. Shaking the dust from her feet, she headed into the Boar's Head tavern for some refreshment and a bite to eat before figuring out what to do next.*

Barkeep! A mug of ale, and some beef and bread.

The barkeep draws a mug of ale and sets it in front of his guest, then heads into the back for the food.

*sip* Mmmmm... good.

Barkeep returns with a plate Here. Good day on the seas?

Thanks. You might say it was good. I didn't die today.

*guffaw!* Well, that's one way to look at it! And if you had died, you wouldn't be enjoying the misses' best cooking, either. So there's two wins! The little pleasures --

Missy cracks a smile. --make a difference, my dad always used to say. When I thought he was my dad, anyway. *looks up* Say, you look familiar. Have we met?

*Looking her back in the eye* Perhaps. I've been many places, and seen many things. Done a few of 'em. You look a little... flush, though. Did you land some challenging fish, or spend a lot of time fixin' your boat?

Missy cleared her throat sadly. I guess you could say I landed a challenging fish. Death of a dark lord and all that. But I killed what little I had of my parents in the process. Do you have a name?

The barkeep smiled. Call me B. Everyone does. It's easier, and it's shorthand.

Don't you share your whole name? Or do you live in the short land?

Some things are best left alone. And for the moment, I'll leave you to your meal. I see some more guests coming in.

[ 02-26-2004, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote