View Single Post
Old 05-09-2002, 12:10 PM   #179
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Magik, Yorick - this has been discussed over and over. I suggest we probably won't ever agree on it, but why don't we all leave it alone now, eh? No need starting it up again when it's just been resolved.
I didn't see that it had been resolved, and no-one had addressed what I was talking about. Sorry if I joined the conversation late, but I'm talking about a prevailing attitude that exists regardless of whether the issue existed or not.[/QUOTE]I guess it's a non-issue in the sense that Z has canned the idea of paying for special member ranks in any case.

I recommended it be canned as well (both here and on email) not only because I also think it can be interpreted by people as being elitist, but because the fact that a considerable number of people are against it means that it will never fly.

Who is right or wrong is irrelevant here, Yorick - what is relevant is public opinion is against it, and that makes the decision pretty simple in the end.

Since it's not a goer anyway, debating the pros and cons won't add much value - unless you're just out for a good stoush, mate. But now's probably not the time and place for it.

[ 05-09-2002, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]