View Single Post
Old 11-09-2002, 09:46 AM   #110
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

No, Calaethis, you are not "harder than Gal." She is merely opposed to waste. Don't worry, she has plans for Naba.

Snurll had ordered Sefa bound and gagged, then wrapped her up in a carpet. This was flung roughly over a pack horse. He then hastily packed and mounted his own beast and led the horse bearing his prize from Baldur's Gate. The gate guards paid no attention to the struggling bundle, since Snurrl had bribed them well, along with a tale about stealing a slave for the King of Calimsha. Once they were well out of sight, Snurll dismounted and placed the rug on the ground. He then unrolled it and laughed at the sight of Sefa wriggling and glaring at him.
"Up, you go, daughter," he said in an amused tone as he helped her to her feet, then mounted her on the led horse. "You will now get to see my tower as my guest. Take a good look at the outside when you get there, for you will never see it again. I have a special room readied for you there. It will please me to watch you grow accustomed to it." He tied her wrists securely to the saddle-horn, tied her ankles under the animal's belly, and remounted his own steed, leading her away into captivity.
Once they arrived at the tower, he untied her wrists and ankes, then led her to a small room with an iron door. There were two openings in it, one barred, one narrow and flat for the passage of meals. The door surprisingly opened seemingly of its own accord as they arrived, and he flung her on the bed and removed her gag. She cursed him then, with the thoroughness of the street waif that once she was. He waited for her to finish, then struck her hard, across the mouth, cutting her lip with his ring.
"That'll be enough out of you, brat," he said with a crooked smile as she clutched her bruised mouth. "I shall now tell you why I have sought you and finally found you after all these years of neglect. You were right, I care naught at all for you but I need you, or, more accurately, half of you."
As Sefa looked at him uncomprehendingly, he laughed. "That's right, just half, the half that was your mother. She was Marissa, the only thing that I have ever loved, and she is dead. But, I have found an old being, demon or god I know not, nor care, and he has convinced me that if I sacrifice you to him on a night not three months hence, and cut your body in half, he can restore to me my own Marissa, never to lose her again. So, pity for you, but well for me. Now, enjoy your room. You shall only leave it one more time." He walked out the door which slammed, completing her cage.
Galadria is offline   Reply With Quote