View Single Post
Old 12-22-2002, 04:52 PM   #6
Magness
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
quote:
Originally posted by Redblueflare:
I know that but when i'm fighting dragons, I usually have a lot more room to manuever. Wizards and such wouldn't be at the front line getting themselves killed.
Well you can move your party down the stairs, then summon him and make him come down. That gives you a lot more room.

I thought he was very tough, though less so when I realised you needed +3 weapons to kill him and I kitted everyone out properly . Not unbalanced though I wouldn't say.
[/QUOTE]Exactly right!

Fighting the dragon on the platform is about the same thing as yelling "Kill me! Kill me!"

Fight the dragon away from the platform and spread out your party. Summon some monster cannon fodder to keep the dragon occupied. Full party buffing. Spare no expense. Use your best saved up ammo.

@Redblueflare Only 5 reloads? The Guardian is SUPPOSED to be REALLY tough! Without good tactics, your party should get whacked!

And don't bother whining about the 4 Iron Golems. You don't HAVE to fight them to progess. From the story's perspective, the Monks put 4 golems there to protect the tomb. They weren't trying to be "Fair" when they put 4 IG's around the tomb. This is one of those fights that should be monsterously difficult if you choose to not bypass it.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote