View Single Post
Old 08-23-2004, 10:38 PM   #1
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

I was really enjoying college-life today...everything was really starting to look up, it really was. I was happy, and I was walking around, singing music to myself, gazing at the puffy clouds, you know, happy stuff...

I even saw some people from my hometown for the first time in a while, and they seemed really happy to see me (I got hugs, and humongous grins).

Then, later, I found the one of the same friends hanging out with another friend from the hometown, and they offered me a ride back to my dorm, which I gladly accepted, because I'd already walked around fifteen miles today...Plus, I was hoping for some conversation...I've been MAJORLY conversation starved here....

They started treating me like they always have, though. I was always the smartest in my class in high school (but never had the best grades ), and people kind of expected me to know everything...and that just ran me into the ground emotionally...what, with pointed questions and all.

Well, they were treating me that same way today, and I've TRIED AND TRIED AND TRIED to get out from under that set of expectations, for the past two years...and when I get to college, it seems to have disappeared for a couple of hours, and then come back like never before...

So what should I do? I don't want to get rid of my friends, because they're very dear to me...but I can't tolerate being the automatic "genius" every time they want to know what the layers of the sky are called.

or am I just making a mountain out of a mole-hill, and should tough it out?

I don't know.

Is that what you really want to say?