Thread: rich people
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2005, 09:37 AM   #2
Kestrel Daystar
Elminster

Question Mark

Quote:
Originally posted by burnzey boi:
on the news i hear about all the rich and famous people and how they show up in puplic with their fancy fur coats and diamond jewels. so far i haven't heard about them giving away more than 50,000 to charities at once. they should make a rule that people over 2 million have to pay some money to taxes for the less fortunate. (e.g. people living on the streets.)
Maybe so, but what about 'rich people' who have earned their money? Who have worked hard for many years to get their wealth? I can understand about people born into money, or being fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time and get their money, but the people that have worked hard to earn it shouldn't be put into that bracket in my opinion.

I mean, people like bleeddin' Paris Hilton, she hasnt earned her money. Yet she 'flaunts' it around. Those who have earnt it the hard way, should have also earnt the right to 'show it off' (for lack of a better term).

Do not be so eager to deal out rules. Some of the people living on the streets do so because of their own fault. Im not saying all are, some people are just unfortunate, but there are a few who bring it upon themselves.

--Kestrel--