Thread: Guns.
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2002, 10:56 AM   #151
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Yes - you DID misquote me. I was replying to a post about murders in general NOT about murders by firearm.

And that's the second time you have made the mistake of thinking that I am a young person. I am older than you are and therefore by your own admission:

I need show no respect for your opinion.
I am more experienced in life than you are and therefore I am always right and you are always wrong.

Quote:

Originally posted by MagiK:
Who is misquoting now?

My comment on children having no opinions of interest to me about child rearing has nothing to do with this. AND I DID specify CHILDREN and people who have never been parents. Since there is noone on the planet that can consider me a "Child" chronologicly your comment is false from the start. I also never said ANYTHING about RESPECT with my comment. AND lastly THIS thread is about firearms more commonly called Guns So...Pardon me if I assume you are being on topic in your posts and not completely out in left field.

And why do I keep mistaking you for a child? I think Ill refrain from commenting on that since it wouldnt serve any useful purpose.

How can you be so hypocritical in your comments? You sit there and misquote me left and right then bash me for assumeing you are on topic? Man I really do not understand you.
Quote:

Originally posted by Donut:
Slightly defensive reply there Magik. I seem to have hit a nerve.

You should not assume my comments were based purely on the child rearing thread. There have been a succession of diatribes from you in which you speak of your disrespect for the opinion of young people. I was merely taking your mistaken viewpoint to it's logical nonsensical extreme.

The debate about firearms and deaths caused by them cannot be disentangled from the debate about murder of any form. The two go together.

As for your thinly disguised insult about me being a child I shall treat it with the same disrespect that I treat all of your trollish tripe.

PS. Please don't waste your time PM'ing me an apology this time.
Quote:

Originally posted by MagiK:
No you didnt hit a nerve, you pissed me off, a completely different thing all together I assure you. Rather than debate an issue in a straight up manner you seem to seek to confuse and obfuscate, you pissed me off. It take a lot to get me angry, especially in a silly forum thread, however YOU seem to delight in debasing half of the serious discussions I have started. Then have the gall to turn around and accuse me of comitting the offense that you your self seem to delight in useing. In person It wouldn't have been a thinly veiled anything.

As for apologizing, I apologize when I have done something I discover was wrong, this time Im in the right, that is exactly why I believe you a child. You NEVER admit you are wrong, or have done wrong. I do admit that I do a disservice to children when I act like I always assume that it is only the children that are like this, but in actuality it is only because I expect better from so called adults.

Edit: Please Donut, in the future, feel free to ignore my trollish tripe. Id rather not have you derailing the discussions of people who want to address the issue that is being discussed.
Guys, the two of you may chronologically be adults, but you are behaving like children in a most unbecoming way. In fact, I've seen many "kids" here who can conduct themselves far more maturely than what the two of you have shown here today.

Please take this dispute O.F. -- it is unproductive and disruptive to the flow of the thread. If you can't resolve the dispute, please resolve to ignore each other.

Thanks,
-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."