View Single Post
Old 04-24-2004, 08:40 PM   #14
Nerull
Lord Ao

Yes, celebrities do have that effect. I've met a few in my time (actually, there are a number that live in San Antonio...go figure...) and had pretty much the same effect. It's one thing to see the person on TV or on the big screen, and quite another to run into them in real life (kind of like "crossing the line" a bit). Oh, and Shatner is well-known as having a love of horses.

Met "Stone Cold" Steve Austin (WWE wrestler) at the airport when I worked there. Worked at the Pizza Hut right near where George Strait (country singer) lived, and met him and his family when they came in. Sat right next to David Robinson (basketball player for the San Antonio Spurs, recently retired) at IHOP one time. Met Tim Duncan (another player for the Spurs) at the hospital I work at. Never got any of their autographs, because I was just thrilled to run into them, and really wasn't thinking about it (I was just like [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] ).
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin