View Single Post
Old 07-08-2004, 08:20 PM   #5
booklord
Dungeon Master

I averaged 20th level when I faced Nessie and I found it rather easy. ( I had done the Rapax areas first. ) Nessie opened with an earthquake spell. I was surprised as I didn't expect Nessie to use spells like that but the damage wasn't that bad. The Dulcimer of Mending completely erased it the next round. That's all nessie did. She used her breath weapon and cast Earthquake spells. ( which didn't hurt nearly as much once I got Elemental shield up ) She never used a melee attack.

Meanwhile my melee fighters went to town on poor Nessie with the aid of a full power haste spell. ( Scatter's right haste didn't work )

2 Zaitcho Bo weilding Monks
1 Light sword weilding samurai
2 Dread Spear weilding valkryie ( one hexed )
1 mystic arrow firing ranger.
1 Giant Sword weilding Mook bard / fighter that managed only to attack once or twice as she was busy healing.

finished Nessie in four rounds. The samurai went into full lightning strike mode at the beginning of the last round and finished Nessie off.

Another battle that didn't make the cut was Al-Sedexus. She was tough but she spent all her time bashing my poor samurai. ( the character who had been with her ) She completely ignored everyone else only pausing to summon a group of templar. ( who spent the entire battle plinking uselessly against the group's elemental shield ). Well, the samurai at this point was used to being picked on by rapax. He had 5 restoration potions in his inventory and just kept healing himself. Meanwhile the bishop cast body of stone on him and Vi cast guardian angel. And still she kept attacking him! Ah poor al-sedexus she just wasn't that smart.

Quote:
If you don't disarm the tower, you won't ascend
Yeah but I figure I'll save right before the ascending part. I want to see what happens if I blow up the planet. Then I'll reload and ascend.

[ 07-09-2004, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: booklord ]
booklord is offline   Reply With Quote