View Single Post
Old 06-23-2004, 01:20 PM   #1
maciek
Elite Waterdeep Guard

How do I "Protect" using the "Guard/Protect" action button? (the one that looks like a shield)

According to the manual, "If a character is selected to be protected, the character will be followed and any creatures attacking the character will be attacked." (p16, near bottom)

Yet, when I click on the shield (or press F1), and then try to click on another char in my party, I get the "do not enter" icon (circle with a diagonal across it). This sounds like it could be very interesting function (e.g., could have my archers set to protect the muscle in the front row, and then I could just manipulate the latter), but I just can't get that to work. Has anyone else?

BTW, the Guard function, where you drag out an area to be guarded I find is super useful. I usually drag out a big circle to guard for the fighters at some chokepoint ahead, and then drag out a smaller circle for the long range chars (archer, etc) right behind that, and then, if all is quiet, send out a hidden thief up ahead to scout out for baddies, which will come chasing after him into the trap... totally automates the micro-management, and you can then focus purely on support units, such as healer or mage or bard. I've played Baldur's Gate 1&2 before, but only now do I realize how super handy this function is!

[ 06-23-2004, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: maciek ]
maciek is offline   Reply With Quote