View Single Post
Old 08-01-2002, 12:32 PM   #9
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoltan:
is there a difference between 2-handed swords and longswords? I mean you hit more often with a longsword?
Depends on how you roleplay. for the most part, two-handed swords POTENTIALLY do more damage (like 2-18 I think) whereas the longsword does 1-8. You can dual-wield with another weapon if you choose longsword though. You can't use a shield with a two-handed weapon. So the breakdown is:

Longsword:

Longsword + shield -> 1-8 hp damage + AC bonus

Longsword + another weapon -> same damage with longsword + damage with another weapon (you do get penalties with this type of fighting though and you have to have the dualing feat) If you have improved dual-fighting, there are MUCH less penalties (I just got Ranger level 9 and he got this automatically - I hit MUCH more often now)

2-handed sword:

2-handed sword -> 2-12 hp damage

Some people like 2-handed because of the extra damage, but a shield REALLY helps. I prefer using a longsword + shield, but am starting to use dual-wield for the cannon fodder encounters.

EDIT: Oh yeah, in answer to which one you HIT more often with, it depends on what you chose weapon specialization in. That weapon will hit more often (not counting +'s on the weapon)

[ 08-01-2002, 12:36 PM: Message edited by: Tobbin ]