Thread: Superheroes
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2002, 12:10 PM   #72
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well, I got a few responses to my crossover battles, so let me give you my picks as to who would win.

1) Superman vs Hulk
Superman without a doubt. Hulk can lift mountains, but Superman can move PLANETS. Plus, he has a plethora of other "super-powers", whereas the Hulk just has his strength.

2) Batman vs Capt. America
Capt. America. Batman has his batarangs, but Cap has his shield, plus a ton more experience. He's been perfecting his fighting skills since WWII. A better match would be Batman vs Daredevil - I think that would be a draw.

3) Wonder Woman vs Storm
Gotta go with Storm. Wonder Woman is strong, but Ororo commands the elements themselves.

4) Green Arrow vs Hawkeye
I would have to say Green Arrow. Hawkeye always struck me as a guy who more or less "played" at being a superhero. He never seems to take himself or the "hero business" seriously. Green Arrow is tooo serious sometimes, but he is also more devoted to his archery skills.

5) Green Lantern vs Silver Surfer
Silver Surfer, hands down. As mentioned before, all he would have to do is turn yellow and then beat on Green Lantern at his leisure. Plus, no mere ring can equal the Power Cosmic. It NEVER needs recharging.

6) Lobo vs Wolverine
Wolverine all the way. Lobo is, without a doubt,the "baddest dude" in the DC Universe. Nobody is meaner. He even knocked out Superman once. But that's part of the problem. Lobo has never faced anybody as mean and dirty as he is when it comes to fighting, whereas Logan has fought Sabertooth on an almost daily basis at times. AND, he has gone toe-to-toe with the Hulk MORE than once. Lobo just wouldn't be prepared for the sheer savagery that Wolverine would throw at him.

7) Flash vs Quicksilver
Flash is simply MUCH faster than Quicksilver. As he said in the official crossover (after defeating Quicksilver) "Even the fastest super sports car is slow compared to a jet."

8) Elongated Man vs Mr. Fantastic
Mr. Fantastic wouldn't even break a sweat. Elongated Man was nothing more than a pale imitation.

9) Power Girl (Superman's cousin) vs She-Hulk (just to be fair to the ladies)
Power Girl for all the same reasons that her cousin could beat up She-Hulk's cousin.

10) Dr. Fate vs Dr. Strange
I'd have to call this one a draw. It would depend on who got initiative.

11) Nightwing (adult Robin) vs Daredevil
Daredevil. Not by much, mind you. The grown Boy Wonder would give him a good fight, but DD's radar and other skills would win in the end.

12) Catwoman vs Black Cat
Black Cat actually has extraordinary agility and strength. Catwoman just has slinky costume.

13) Superboy vs Spiderman
Spiderman, but only by the skin of his teeth. He's used to fighting villains much stronger than himself, and is very clever. He always looks for ways to turn the fight to his advantage. Superboy is good, but I think Spiderman would outsmart him in the end.

14) Hawkman vs ArchAngel
ArchaAngerl NO CONTEST. He can launch a "flechette attack" with his wings and send dozens of razor tipped blades flying towards his opponent. Hawkeye's wings aren't even real. He has to strap them on.

15) Shang-Chi vs Iron Fist
Iron Fist. This would be another VERY close fight, but Shang-Chi doesn't have that "Iron Fist punch" that can take out an opponent with one hit. He could probably take a couple of those hits, which Iron Fist wouldn't be expecting, but he wouldn't hold up for long.