Thread: Next Wiz8 game
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2006, 05:10 PM   #4
Roboghost
Manshoon

If you're going fast though the game, then the hybrids obviously need to focus mostly on their physical skills and limited magic. Otherwise, don't EVEN neglect the magic of the hybrids. My team is 19th level now [I only level all at same time - just me] and my hybrids - samurai monk ranger - can throw out some mean spells* before the monsters are even close. Once one or two rounds of spells are done, then I move in for the kill (while my two bishops continue to pound or save my hide with their spells.) Works like a charm so far.

Note I just go with the original game plus latest patch, but once one tires of that, the I say go ahead and see "what's out there" to further the games continued interest with yourself ; )

On a side note about the bard and gadgeteer -- using them to replace a bishop and such is cool, but they are a pain too since they have to carry each "spell" via an ITEM. Not quite as convenient as a spellbook! I have a gadgeteer, so I'm mostly using just a few key gadgets and the rest [slots] go toward that gun which cripples so nicely -- they fire so often, that the INSTAKILL gets a chance to show itself every few battles. Yippee! Finally, my gadgey can fight...she's used to protect my bishops when the heat is on. I just put Fang and a Thieves Buckler in her hands and the sneaky monster ends up regretting going to the rear of my formation. These character types can be a jack of all trades AND a master of them too, but it takes time. Level 50 here I come!!! No NPC's for me - I glory hog the points.

Uhh...it's also nice having some kind of alchemist to make some money to fill up those hungry spell books. Adventuring needs a sponsor -- after all.

*I save spell picks to ensure I have some level 6 and 7 spells when they get to use them.
Roboghost is offline   Reply With Quote