Thread: Next Wiz8 game
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2006, 12:00 PM   #1
Klutz
Manshoon

I always play full parties, and usually with NPC's also.

Option #1: Lana's mod, probably with this party:

Dwarf Lord (1: STR, DEX, 2: SPD, SEN)
Felpurr Ninja (1: STR, DEX, 2: SPD, SEN)
Human Monk (1: STR, DEX, 2: SPD, SEN)
Hobbit Gadgeteer (1: STR, SEN; 2: DEX, SPD)
Hobbit Bard (1: STR, DEX; 2: SPD, SEN)
Faerie Bishop (1: INT, SPD; 2 PIE, SEN)
NPC's: Any, but leaning towards Sparkle as one.

Although I have tried to avoid being spoiled, I understand Dwarf Lords, Ninjas, and Monks all have new items available, and that there are new Gadgets/Instruments also. Lord and Monk would tank, along with Ninja and/or Bard depending on their available items. I've been trying to lean away from Bishops but for this party I think it's needed.

Lord, Ninja, Monk, and Bard all with basic "combatant" development: Strength and Dexterity first to hit hardest and most accurately and favor weapon skill development, with Speed and Senses following to hit earlier in the round, more often, and a little more accurately. The hybrids will not be expert casters, but will pick up what they can from practice and spellbooks. For the Bard Strength also provides music stamina and Dexterity provides music skill. Gadgeteer favoring Senses over Dexterity for the added initiative. Bishop will cover all four spellbooks with standard "caster" development, going for Powercast and Snakespeed, and then more initiative and spellpoints.

Hmmm... may need to make one hybrid a better or at least faster caster to cover Soul Shield or Element Shield.

That would be my first modded game. I'm aware of at least one other mod (Deathstalker?), but the changes that one made sound a little too radical.

Option #2: Original game, hard (but not hardcore):

Hobbit Gadgeteer (1: STR, SEN, 2: VIT, SPD)
Hobbit Bard (1: STR, SPD, 2: VIT, SEN)
Human Priest (1: INT, 2: PIE, SPD, 3: SEN, VIT)
Elf Alchemist (1: INT, SPD, 2: SEN, PIE)
Faerie Psionic (1: INT, SEN, 2: SPD, PIE)
Faerie Mage (1: INT, SPD, 2: SEN, PIE)
NPC's: Probably none, but maybe Urq for more magic power or Sparkle & Madras for ranged power.

This would be my first "all-caster" party, with Bard and Gadgeteer to use instruments/gadgets as extra spell effects and Bard's improved resting to help recharge everyone also. The goal would be to deal with everything with spells and spell effects, but if needed the Gadgeteer and Bard can provide some melee capability. Bard/Gadgeteer development is tilted towards initiative and stamina for more and quicker item usage. Strength is favored over Vitality even for stamina purposes because it has many more advantageous secondary benefits. Casters are all going for Powercast, initiative, and spell points in that order, except the Priest where the priority of Piety is moved up slightly at the expense of Senses. Psionic also maxing Senses first instead of Speed for better synergy with Psionic skill learning.

Thoughts welcome!